LVRT: Charts/Graphs/Clusters Don't Update on Remote Front Panel

Jeff Plotzke

Here's a nasty bug I found:

On LVRT, if you create a VI which has any types of Waveform Charts/Graphs or Clusters on it, and have "Show Front Panel When Called" set in the VI Properties, connecting via Remote Front Panel to this VI after it has already been running will result in the Charts/Graphs/Clusters not updating at all while viewing it. Note that this only occurs with a deployed RT EXE (because this only manifests when the VI with the indicators is called *before* any UI is displayed.)

I've attached a ZIP with a LV Project and VIs that demonstrate the problem.

The Workaround: Uncheck the "Show Front Panel When Called" checkbox. Note that you must then alter your build specification to not remove the front panel of the VI so that you can still connect via Remote Front Panel.

This has been confirmed by NI R&D on both Fieldpoint and RT PXI. CAR# 46IG9S2A

QUOTE(Jeff Plotzke @ Feb 20 2007, 12:38 AM)

The Workaround: Uncheck the "Show Front Panel When Called" checkbox. Note that you must then alter your build specification to not remove the front panel of the VI so that you can still connect via Remote Front Panel.

Good catch Jeff!

When I want to keep the FrontPanel, I usually uncheck the "Allow user to close window" option, this worked at least in LabVIEW 8.

I really wish there was a separate VI option, to select if the FP should be removed in a build.

/J