Multiple files

Hey all...!!

I'm still leaning the intricacies of LabVIEW so forgive my Noobishness.

I've created a VI that loads a .png file from a directory, then displays the image to scale with associated information. At present

I'm having to manually input filenames or browse the directory for the image file.

My question: Is there a way of listing all files from a directory (of images), selecting which one to use, so that it loads up.

Alternatively can I simply scroll through the files of the directory in a similar fashion?

Note: My eventual aim is to analyse spectrum images. Cycling through a list of file names and manually choosing to perform and record

calculations for specific files is the goal of my VI.

Caius

LabVIEW 8.0

I may be misunderstanding your question (if so, please correct me) but: You can use 'File Dialog' (*) component on the 'File I/O / Advanced File Functions' pallette - set the 'pattern (all files)' input to the string "*.png" to only show png files, set the 'start path' input to the path to your picture folder.

In the LabVIEW Exampe Finder there are a lot of examples using file functions under 'Fundamentals / File Input and Output'.

-Mikkel

(*) Why this has to be an Express VI is beyond me, I hate it. :headbang: