VISA Resource Handling

Noxious

So, I need to open, write and read from x number of serial ports, where x is a user defined number from 1 - 16. The first step is initializing the ports (baud, timeout, etc.), is there an easy way to do this using clusters or looping from 1-x incrementing the VISA Resource var somehow (loop from VISA Resource 1 - VISA Resource x)?

I am trying to develop an easy what to handle this varying set of VISA resource references so when I go and read/write to these ports it isn't so time consuming and ugly.

Any Ideas?

....... is there an easy way to do this using clusters or looping from 1-x incrementing the VISA Resource var somehow (loop from VISA Resource 1 - VISA Resource x)?

Should be a piece of cake

Once you have a handle to any serial Visa resource just treat it like a string then you can edit the contents in your loop ti initialize the other ports.

Coersion works just fine with this method.

John

QUOTE(John Rouse @ May 4 2007, 11:30 AM)

....... is there an easy way to do this using clusters or looping from 1-x incrementing the VISA Resource var somehow (loop from VISA Resource 1 - VISA Resource x)?

Should be a piece of cake

Once you have a handle to any serial Visa resource just treat it like a string then you can edit the contents in your loop ti initialize the other ports.

Coersion works just fine with this method.

John

What exactly do you mean, "have a handle to any Visa resource"? I am still having issues finding an easy solution to this without using local variables for the visa resources. Perhaps you could put together a simple example to help illustrate it?

Thanks...