ni::tagger::timer::window class:tagsrv.exe - error

Ulrich

Hi all,

sometimes we get a mysterious error message (see attachment), which we don't understand.

But still everthing works fine, so the error doesn't really matter. Sometimes the error occurs when we start a PC,

sometimes when the PC is running and somethimes when the PC shuts down. This happend on three PCs. Two have the LV 8.2.1 PDS version and one have only the run time enginge 8.2. I already asked NI. They don't know the error.

Have a nice day

Uli

That is a crash dialog for NVE (Network Variable Engine). If you don't use shared variables in a LV project you probably would never notice anything is wrong.

You say you get this on 3 different machines? Does it only occur on boot? If you go to service control center (Start Menu->Control Panel->Administrative tools->services) and start/restart "National Instruments Variable Engine" does it crash then too? what libs (with variables and/or I\O Servers) do you currently have deployed. You can check with Variable Manager (Tools->Shared Variable->Variable Manager)? What are the specs of the machines you are seeing the crash on (CPU speed, ram, how many CPUs, winxp?)

I know I asked a lot of questions, but the more info the more likely I can help you.

Hi Lorenz,

thanks for your help!

Does it only occur on boot? no, during boot, while running and during shut down.

If you go to service control center (Start Menu->Control Panel->Administrative tools->services) and start/restart "National Instruments Variable Engine" does it crash then too? No, the service stops and starts again succesfully.

what libs (with variables and/or I\O Servers) do you currently have deployed. You can check with Variable Manager (Tools->Shared Variable->Variable Manager)?

I can see nothing in the variable manager, and we don't use shared variables.

What are the specs of the machines you are seeing the crash on (CPU speed, ram, how many CPUs, winxp?)

the spec of my office PC: CPU:1.8GHz, 1GByte RAM, 1 CPU, WIN2000

the second one is an office PC from my colleague (similar to my PC)

the third is an older Lab PC. All have WIN2000.

Many thanks and have a nice day

Interesting... I'm not sure what the issue is with the crashing and what not. Next time it crashes if you could get a Dr. Watson log I might be able to do something with it. However as you don't use Shared Variables, you might just turn it off. In the service manager (Start Menu->Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services) find "National Instruments Variable Engine" again and switch it to disabled. If later you should wish to use Variables or I\O Servers you will need to re-enable it.