labview package..

Hi all,

i am really new to labview ,, i have one question , after we create some Vi(virual instruments) like a one application in development system , how to we install the another machine to run??

like other programming(vb, .net) we create a install package or exe to run the another computer?

and how to i connect GBIB device with labview?? if any example please provide me..

waiting for your valuable reply..

with regards,

mk..

QUOTE(MK07 @ Jul 26 2007, 01:50 AM)

You'll find a lot of information on this subject (as well as most others) in the help inside of LabVIEW. Click on "Help->Search the LabVIEW Help" and type "installers" in the index search. Also, there are tutorials and examples on the ni.com website if you search for "Application Builder tutorial". Particularly this one.

QUOTE(MK07 @ Jul 26 2007, 01:50 AM)

and how to i connect GBIB device with labview?? if any example please provide me..

Again, look in the help. There are also examples if you click on "Help->Find Examples" and Browse by task under "Hardware Input and Output".

You'll find that after familiarizing yourself with the basics and the vast knowledge that is inside LabVIEW's built-in help, you'll be well on your way to understanding the LabVIEW environment.

Hope this helps!

QUOTE(MK07 @ Jul 26 2007, 06:50 PM)

I see you are using a LabVIEW version 8.2.1 so here is some help based on that. You can create an exe and installer if you have the LabVIEW Professional Version not base or full, you might need to upgrade. (LabVIEW Options)

If you have the professional version, you need to have your VIs in a project. Then just right right click on build specifications in the project explorer window and choose exe and fill out all the options. Do the same for an installer, you can only create an installer once you have created and exe though.

QUOTE(MK07 @ Jul 26 2007, 06:50 PM)

What GPIB instrument are you using? Most instruments with a GPIB connection have instrument drivers that makes communication easy, to find drivers you can selecting "Help >> Find Instrument Drivers..." from the menu.

Otherwise just look at the instrument manufacturer's website or contact them.

There is also an Instrument IO assistant express VI you can use to enter GPIB commands directly. Just use the programming guide in your instrument's manual to find the instructions you need.