DataAct Class Browser for LabVIEW

QUOTE(Tomi Maila @ Aug 21 2007, 10:17 AM)

Hi Brian,

Are you planning to make a LV 8.5 version of this tool?

Tomi

Yes, but the question is when can I get around to it. The current version should work on 8.5, but I assume you mean to add any new classes/props/methods available in 8.5? The process is mostly automated, but unfortunately there is still one very time consuming step of verifing that props and methods are assigned to the correct classes.

Brian

QUOTE(brian175 @ Aug 21 2007, 05:36 PM)

Yes, but the question is when can I get around to it. The current version should work on 8.5, but I assume you mean to add any new classes/props/methods available in 8.5? The process is mostly automated, but unfortunately there is still one very time consuming step of verifing that props and methods are assigned to the correct classes.

Actually when I ran the 'LAVA tryout' installer after having installed 8.5, it only had installation options for LV 8.2 earlier. I meant if the installer will support 8.5 as well. I guess I can simply copy the files to 8.5 but I didn't try it :) Of course it would be nice to have all the new properties and methods supported as well ;)

Tomi

QUOTE(Tomi Maila @ Aug 21 2007, 10:45 AM)

Actually when I ran the 'LAVA tryout' installer after having installed 8.5, it only had installation options for LV 8.2 earlier. I meant if the installer will support 8.5 as well. I guess I can simply copy the files to 8.5 but I didn't try it :) Of course it would be nice to have all the new properties and methods supported as well ;)

Tomi

For now I would just copy the entire DataAct directory from the 8.2 (or 8.0) ..\LabIVEW\project directory to the 8.5 one. I will add updating the installer to my list.