Problems opening an avi file

Hello,

I want to open an avi file with labview, but when I do it appears an error of Windows. The error says that If I want to send the problem to Microsoft, and immediatly Labview is closed and I lose all information that I don't save.

What kind of problem is? May be is abaout codex or something like that.

Thank you!

Yes, that's a rather likely culprit, along with some others. To test the possiblity of not having the correct CODEC installed for the AVI you want to play, first try accessing and using that AVI from within WMP (Windows Media Player) itself. If you can't use that resource within WMP, you have a problem with the CODEC and need to resolve that first.

It's also a good idea to post some sample code when asking a question like this. Seeing the code makes it easier for others to comment, both on the immediate question you've asked but also to provide some additional helpful comments.

QUOTE(Laniru @ Sep 7 2007, 04:53 AM)

I can see the video with the Media Player. I attach here a simple program, just to show something, but I test others programs that works correctly at others computers, and now with the computer that I'm using now this programs always shows the same error of Windows.

It appears that you're working with IMAQ functions and I'm afraid I can't be much help with them as I don't use them at all.

I'm still not certain from your note though that you can view that particular AVI on that particular computer using WMP. Perhaps you mean to be stating that but, regardless of anything else that is the first place I would look.

If this code DOES use IMAQ it's probably a good idea to indicate that in your posting.

Hello,

There's no problem with the codecs 'cos I can see several avi videos with the Windows Media Player. To try to see when the problem occurs, I play the program step by step and all run correctly (open the avi, extract information, read the numbers of frames) but then at the last step (when the program finishes) the Labview crashes and appear the Windows window error.