Quality Enginnering Position

Quality Engineering Position Open Description: Picometrix is a growing Ann Arbor company producing state-of-the-art optoelectronic communications components and cutting edge terahertz instrumentation systems. Qualified candidates will be responsible for the design, fabrication and implementation of production/manufacturing tests for leading edge, high speed optoelectronic products and systems. The successful candidate must have strong analytical and problem solving skills to address quantitative issues and good verbal and written communication skills. Specific responsibilities include:

• Development and implementation of manufacturing test strategies to ensuring products meet acceptance standards.
  • Development of software, hardware, detailed work instructions and procedures for product test.
  • Testing and operation of high speed, multi-Gb data rate, optical transmitter and receiver type components utilizing equipment such as network analyzers, bit error rate test systems, and high bandwidth oscilloscopes.
  • Characterization of test and manufacturing processes increasing manufacturing yields and efficiencies.
  • Problem solving issues with emphasis on systems, modules, electrical components and high speed interfaces.
  • Providing training and coaching to technicians on new tests, test methodologies and practices.

Qualifications include:

• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent related work experience.
  • Two years experience in relevant electronics, semiconductor or optoelectronics field.
  • Knowledge of software and hardware development for optoelectronic products with emphasis in USB, GPIB, Agilent VEE or NI LabView.
  • Experience with process/manufacturing engineering, Lean Manufacturing, PFMEA and Six Sigma highly desirable.
  • Intermediate computer literacy using Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio

Send Resume to: cmegdanoff@picometrix.com

FYI, I'll be at the Detroit NITS this Thursday. Just myself no booth, but I'll be in my CLA shirt. I'd be happy to answer any questions then.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.