Serial Comms stopped after DAQmx 8.6 installed

Hello all,

I've just upgraded LabVIEW 7.1 FDS with the DAQmx 8.6 drivers in order to use a USB-6210 M-series DAQ box. After installing the drivers an existing VI, written using LV7.1, stopped working properly. The VI gives no errors but serial comm is dead. The VI only uses serial comm, nothing fancier, certainly no DAQmx. But the old VI has to be called from a new VI which does use DAQmx components hence the upgrade.

I've been on to NI assistance and we've been trying to figure out what the problem is. No joy so far. I was wondering if anyone else has had any similar problems, and (hopefully) been able to find a solution. Literally as soon as DAQmx is upgraded the serial comm stops working. Almost like VISA has been corrupted or altered in someway that makes it incompatible with either the hardware or the existing software. I thought it might be a problem with the DAQmx disc that came with 6210. Scrubbed the system, putting LV7.1 back on (down to individual registry entries) and this allows the old code to work again with no problems. Reinstalled a downloaded version of DAQmx 8.6, serial stops working. Same process again, delete all NI stuff, install LV7.1, tested old code, then tried older DAQmx 8.5 and the latest 8.6.1. Same result.

Used a loopback test as suggested by tech support and with DAQmx upgrade the serial port can talk to itself.

The software is now becoming a major pain in the backside as I can't develop the package any further when 50% of the functionality isn't there! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

dreamdemon101