using BNC-2110 to control motors

mile

sorry if i post in the wrong forums.

hi i am new to labview and in need of guidance.

i am using BNC-2110 to control multiple DC motor.

i got some Questions, hope you can help me. some Questions may sound silly as i am still new to all this.

1.Is it possible to use BNC-2110 to control Nema 34 stepper motor directly using labview? or i still need a driver to control the motor.

2.How to design a program to control the stepper motor? since my application is just to rotate the stepper motor CCW and CW at an interval of 90 degrees? how to generate the pluse? i have look through some examples. most of the program uses array. i wonder is it possible to send me any reference program so i can work on it?

3.similar to Question 2, i need to turn the stepper motor at angle of 90 degrees, using labview. how do we achieve the 90 degrees?

4.For the control of DC motor, which is just to turn on and off, how can i achieved it? i try setting the DIQ max and use it to run the DC motor. but cant work? is there any reference program so i can work on it?

thanks for your help.

1.Is it possible to use BNC-2110 to control Nema 34 stepper motor directly using labview? or i still need a driver to control the motor.

You need a driver. Occassionally motors have built-in controllers, in which case you would need a power supply.

You can take a look here for some motion controller products: http://www.ni.com/motion/stepper.htm

The other option is to use a third-party motion controller (i.e. Baldor, Yaskawa, etc.) and communicate with it via RS-232 or something similar.

2.How to design a program to control the stepper motor? since my application is just to rotate the stepper motor CCW and CW at an interval of 90 degrees? how to generate the pluse? i have look through some examples. most of the program uses array. i wonder is it possible to send me any reference program so i can work on it?

Your controller will come with documentation and software utilities to help you program your motion. If you use a NI motion controller, you can access the NI-Motion functionality from LabVIEW or MAX.

3.similar to Question 2, i need to turn the stepper motor at angle of 90 degrees, using labview. how do we achieve the 90 degrees?

The interface software will allow you to program move commands. Usually you specify in motor counts; so if your stepper has 8000 counts, you would move 2000 counts to get 90 degrees.

4.For the control of DC motor, which is just to turn on and off, how can i achieved it? i try setting the DIQ max and use it to run the DC motor. but cant work? is there any reference program so i can work on it?

Look for a motion enable pin input and connect it to a digital IO from your connector block.

hi,

thanks for your reply.

i still got some Questions i want to ask, thanks you for your time.

1. i intended to use digital input and output port of BNC-2110 to control sets of servo motor(5V)

is it possible to do it this way using lab view? without using any I/O card.

since i am new to labview, i wonder is there any example Vi for me, to use as a reference?

2.I am also planning using the digital port of BNC-2110 to detect IR sensor measurement.Again is it possible?

I am using 4 sensors, the sensors are used to detect positions.Is it possible for the digital port of USB-2110 to differentiate each of the 4 sensors? if yes, how does it achieved?

3. The project that i am doing is rotating a turn table using stepper motor, and positioning of the turn table using IR sensors.The IR sensors is place at 90 degrees difference on the turn table.

since there is a sequence of events. example. on and off the motor when sensors are detected.

how should i approach this algorithm using labview? any example V.i that i can use it as a reference?

thanks