Cannot initialize any of my PXI cards

Michael Hill

I'm using an NI PXI-1045 chassis connecting through a MXI-4 card to my computer (Running Red Hat 3).  I can see all the cards with nipxiconfig.  What I want to do is take samples from an NI 4070 DMM.  However, when I try to intialize it with the name "PXI8::13::INSTR" (What shows in nipxiconfig for the 4070), I get a VISA error that states that "the given session or object reference does not support this operation". Please help!

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE (Michael Hill @ Apr 10 2008, 07:54 AM)

I'm using an NI PXI-1045 chassis connecting through a MXI-4 card to my computer (Running Red Hat 3). I can see all the cards with nipxiconfig. What I want to do is take samples from an NI 4070 DMM. However, when I try to intialize it with the name "PXI8::13::INSTR" (What shows in nipxiconfig for the 4070), I get a VISA error that states that "the given session or object reference does not support this operation". Please help!

You still there?... :question:

Are you using "PXI8::13::INSTR" as the resource name? Go to MAX and look for the alias. It's likely to be something like "Dev1" or "PXI1Slot5" or something similar. Use that as the resource name.

-Richard