LAVACR SVN repository on Google Code

As an experiment, I've created an account on Google Code where those interested parties can collaborate on code discussed in the Code Repository In-Development Forum.

The lavacr project is here.

If you give me your Google email address in a PM then I can add you as a project member. Google Code supports SVN. There is currently no source code in there. Feel free to grab any code from LAVA or new code and put it in there. Let's see where this thing goes. I'd like to keep discussions on the code on LAVA.

QUOTE (Michael_Aivaliotis @ Apr 21 2008, 08:50 AM)

If you give me your Google email address in a PM then I can add you as a project member. Google Code supports SVN. There is currently no source code in there. Feel free to grab any code from LAVA or new code and put it in there. Let's see where this thing goes. I'd like to keep discussions on the code on LAVA.

Ok, I've stuck in my Rusty Nails stuff - VI Scripting Tools and some XNodes, including my XNode for determing how a sub-vi is wired at runtime. In the process I've arbitarily established a directory structure that mimics the CR structure. It occurs to me that we might want to do something to indicate which LabVIEW version files are in... my stuff is all in 8.5.1 which I've switched to for primary development of new code.

Share and Enjoy

QUOTE (Gavin Burnell @ Apr 21 2008, 01:53 PM)

...It occurs to me that we might want to do something to indicate which LabVIEW version files are in... my stuff is all in 8.5.1 which I've switched to for primary development of new code.

Perhaps we should create folders at a higher level that break down the code based on LV version. I was thinking of doing this for the LAVA CR downloads but it is less important than during code development, since the LV version is indicated on the download page.

QUOTE (Michael_Aivaliotis @ Apr 21 2008, 11:55 PM)

Perhaps we should create folders at a higher level that break down the code based on LV version. I was thinking of doing this for the LAVA CR downloads but it is less important than during code development, since the LV version is indicated on the download page.

Would seem sensible to me. Do we create separate directories for every minor bug0fix version - how big is the binary difference between an 8.5 and 8.5.1 vi ? Is it worth it stop the reporistory filling up with trivial recompile differences ?

QUOTE (Gavin Burnell @ Apr 22 2008, 12:05 PM)

Would seem sensible to me. Do we create separate directories for every minor bug0fix version - how big is the binary difference between an 8.5 and 8.5.1 vi ? Is it worth it stop the reporistory filling up with trivial recompile differences ?

I don't think LV bugfix releases should be included. Mainly because bugfixes are supported by the major.minor released run-time engine. The revisions should be in the form: 7.0.x, 7.1.x, 8.0.x, 8.2.x, 8.5.x.

BTW Gavin, it's great to see your initiative in this!

Gavin, I've moved your code into the 8.5.x folder and created additional folders for the other LV versions.