activex excel open automation ref sends memory error

I am using the Excel tool kit VI and the lower level VI's and get the same error. Just after I call the automation open VI I get a vague MS runtime error that says "The application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way ". The labview error says "not enough memory". I have never experienced this before. I know that this is incorrect. I can call Excel from the Sys Exec VI and i opens fine. If I open excel first then call teh open automation vi and populate the worksheet, I can save it and it works. However, I can't close it any longer.

Any ideas? This is a painful problem going on for 3 days now.

QUOTE (slubeck @ Jul 11 2008, 01:46 PM)

I am using the Excel tool kit VI and the lower level VI's and get the same error. Just after I call the automation open VI I get a vague MS runtime error that says "The application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way ". The labview error says "not enough memory". I have never experienced this before. I know that this is incorrect. I can call Excel from the Sys Exec VI and i opens fine. If I open excel first then call teh open automation vi and populate the worksheet, I can save it and it works. However, I can't close it any longer.

Any ideas? This is a painful problem going on for 3 days now.

One more note... I tested the routine that uses the auto ref open on 2 others pc's with success. I uinstalled and then reinstalled office 2000 on my machien and the problem persists. This is the devlopemnt PC and if I ahve this problem, others might also on different PC's. I am not sure where to look..