KineticSystems V200 disappears with Resource Manager

Michael Hill

Our department has decided to expand our DAQ system. We currently use KineticSystems V200 boards and DAQ Director to control our DAQ system. However, we are purchasing quite a few PXI-1045 Chasses and loading them up to expand our DAQ system. However, we still want to be able to use our Kinetics V200 boards, so we purchased a MXI-2 board and are able to connect. We are using Windows XP to communicate by the way.

When we first put in the card and installed the KineticSystems drivers and VIs we were fine. I am able to take data and everything. However, once in a while, the V200 board will disappear from MAX when we run the Resource manager. Then sometimes it will think it's made by another manufacture (AMP, Inc.) then will disappear on the next run of Resource Manager. To bring the board back, the only way I have found to work is to manually power cycle our VXI crate for sometimes up to 30 minutes! This is DEFINITELY not going to cut it, especially since we will be using 3 fully loaded VXI crates. Does anyone else have any ideas why this could be happening or what I can do about this?

Thanks,

Michael

Hey Michael,

I just wanted to clarify a few things. So when you installed the Kinetics V200 card and you initially setup the system you are able to access the card without any problems, this included running Resource Manager initially, is that correct? Are you running Resource Manager again with the setup repeatedly and seeing this error, or is it always initially when you setup the system?

Are you currently seeing this situation occur with any other cards, or is it only the Kinetics V200 card? What are the other cards that are in your VXI setup? Do you have an AMP device? Also, what version of the National Instruments drivers do you have on your system?

If you would like to talk to an Applications Engineer at National Instruments directly on this issue, refer to the Request Technical Support page.

Thanks

Sarah_S