Dongle for RT Targets

MichaDu

NI does have support for licensing a LabVIEW Real-Time application to protect a deployed application from being copied and run on another similar or identical set of hardware.

QUOTE (MichaDu @ Sep 22 2008, 09:35 AM)

Hi,

I'm working with compact RIO system and looking for a hardware dongle to protect my application from beeing copied to other systems. Is there any dongle or other way available? The system has only RS232 port but no USB. The OS is VxWorks, so I guess any DLLs are not working on this system. Any idea?

Thanks!

You can use the serial number of the rio controller or backplane to generate software protection, that is a 1 to 1 compile of software to hardware, or use these unique numbers to check a file for a match. This way you can issue tour own liscences without a dongle.

- Get SN (MAX address or other unique hardware ids) run it through a decoder algorithm, check vs the stored liscence number saved either as a constant in the code or an external file, if it fails do not continue with the roi code execution. You should beable to FTP new liscences to the rio when the system is authentic.

Paul

QUOTE (MichaDu @ Sep 22 2008, 09:35 AM)

Hi,

I'm working with compact RIO system and looking for a hardware dongle to protect my application from beeing copied to other systems. Is there any dongle or other way available? The system has only RS232 port but no USB. The OS is VxWorks, so I guess any DLLs are not working on this system. Any idea?

Thanks!