need help.

I'm a high school student doing an extended essay on rocketry,

and I am using an iusbdaq from hytek to log voltages from a load

cell. I have it working perfectly with windows, however the laptop

i'm using is a mac. I have downloaded the mac driver and whatnot,

and can launch the test application which seems to correctly display

the input voltages. However, beyond this I am clueless. I suspected

that you had to have the Mac version of labview, and then use the

labview interface in conjunction with this driver, but i could be wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

James

QUOTE (j_man51 @ Nov 15 2008, 07:13 PM)

I'm a high school student doing an extended essay on rocketry, and I am using an iusbdaq from hytek to log voltages from a load cell...

Hi James - and welcome to the wonderful world of LabVIEW :) I've made a career out of playing with similar things using LabVIEW and it's a whole lot of fun!

So, you say that you've got what you want working on a Windows PC - is that a program you wrote using LabVIEW? The software that comes with the iUSBDAQ has some examples (they're are probably what you've got running okay), but they are compiled code that is running under the LabVIEW run time engine. To create your own custom code (I think that's what you're trying to do) then you do need to install and program in LabVIEW. Thankfully, LabVIEW has a 30-day evaluation mode where you can make your own code, and it also has an academic version (if you're doing this through your school, then they might already have academic licenses).

If you can give us some more info on what you're trying to acheive in your essay, you might even find a few professional engineers here that are willing to help you out...

Thank you both!

Christopher,

The essay is on physics and the topic is "what is the effect of the fuel:oxidizer ratio on the specific impulse

of a solid rocket motor". The design I am using involves a load cell to graph a thrust-time graph which

will be used to calculate the impulse (integral of the graph), and from that the specific impulse. I have a

variety of "sugar candy" propellant grains which will be tested.

My knowledge of Labview is limited to my use of Robolab years ago when I used to program lego mindstorms,

so I think I will try out the crossover software that Irene suggested.

Thanks again,

James