Network Queue, NSV's and Remote Notification

Greetings all,

I have created my own version of the network queue using Buffered Network Shared Variables. It seems to work quite well. NSV's can have any data type, I have a flexible payload structure that also incorporates return notification. The sender generates the notification, which is sent along with the message to the receiver. The receiver can elect to respond back by using the IP address of the sender along with a VI name that

is to be called remotely by the receiver which will send the notification locally in the LabVIEW application where the sender resides. It seems like it would be useful if VI Server had an application method that

could send a remote notification. Any ideas? I would like to get away from having to use a proxy vi on the senders file system. I have tried to use a reentrant proxy vi that is the same as the vi that wraps

the NSVQ functions but could not get it to work. The idea was to remotely open up a reentrant clone of the calling vi which has a method to generate/send the notification. I am not sure why this would not be possible but am unfamiliar with the capabilities of VI Server to remotely open up a reentrant clone.

One thing I noticed when first trying to debug my remote VI Server calls is that each target within a project has individual VI Server configurations. Furthermore, you can have

multiple VI SERVERS at a single IP address only differentiated by the 'Service Name'. I also found out that you can remotely call reentrant vi's but it turns out I did not need that feature.