LVSOUND2 acquisition speed problem

maszup

I have a problem with the library LVSOUND2. I would like to read less than 50ms of samples each time from my sound card microphone. I checked the example "Continuous Sound Input.vi" and found that for configuration: 8kHz/1ch/8bit reading 160 samples gives me error within first few seconds (attached file) . the VI is not fast enough and sometimes it takes over 100ms to read 10ms buffer of samples. I'm wondering what the LVSOUND2 library is using exactly? What library in windows does it use? is it Direct Sound or maybe some other APIs? I'm thinking of creating my own library which can be more accurate that will use direct sound or other windows sound library.

I have a problem with the library LVSOUND2. I would like to read less than 50ms of samples each time from my sound card microphone. I checked the example "Continuous Sound Input.vi" and found that for configuration: 8kHz/1ch/8bit reading 160 samples gives me error within first few seconds (attached file) . the VI is not fast enough and sometimes it takes over 100ms to read 10ms buffer of samples. I'm wondering what the LVSOUND2 library is using exactly? What library in windows does it use? is it Direct Sound or maybe some other APIs? I'm thinking of creating my own library which can be more accurate that will use direct sound or other windows sound library.

I believe they use the MME drivers. If you are looking for repeatable latency then these are not the drivers you want to use as they are based off the OS timing. Probably the best choice is to use an ASIO driver. ASIO4ALL is an open source driver you can use. There are others out there which I do not wish to look up as I am currently busy drinking a beer. :beer:

QUOTE (fonzo @ Jan 30 2009, 06:21 AM)