Beginner Animation

335x

Hi, hello, my name is C.A. I’m a student and i'm new with this software and i ('ve already want to kill my self :headbang: ) i'm kind of desperate so i'm sorry if this is not the right category for such a dumb question...

Anyway i'm trying to make an animation...

but the thing is that i need the different pictures that build the whole stuff to be controlled (and displayed) by the values of a function...

i have 2 weeks experience with this language G, and i have not found jet the answers of my question in any tutorial, so my question is...

is there a property node in a Picture Ring that allows me do that? ,

i mean to control the sequence or the value of each picture according to some values (actually, the values of a function but I guess that’s programming)

am i following a wrong path ???

I guess I need some guide any information would be really appreciate

Thanks..

QUOTE (335x @ Mar 5 2009, 08:55 AM)

Hi, hello, my name is C.A. I'm a student and i'm new with this software and i ('ve already want to kill my self :headbang: ) i'm kind of desperate so i'm sorry if this is not the right category for such a dumb question...

Anyway i'm trying to make an animation...

but the thing is that i need the different pictures that build the whole stuff to be controlled (and displayed) by the values of a function...

i have 2 weeks experience with this language G, and i have not found jet the answers of my question in any tutorial, so my question is...

is there a property node in a Picture Ring that allows me do that? ,

i mean to control the sequence or the value of each picture according to some values (actually, the values of a function but I guess that's programming)

am i following a wrong path ???

I guess I need some guide any information would be really appreciate

Thanks..

Well, you're referring to LAbVIEW as G, which is pretty good for a starter :thumbup:

The picture ring has a terminal on the block diagram. Connect an integer value to this and it will display the image loaded at that index. No property nodes required.

As for timing you need to have the portion of the code writing to the terminal as part of the function so that whenever a specific part of the function is reached, the index is updated accordingly.

If you need to update from more than one location (depending on your code) then you'll need to use local variables.

Shane.

• 3 weeks later...