Access database with LabVIEW (using T&M toolkit)

I am new to labview. I have a database in ms-access and using T&M student toolkit to use it in LabVIEW. All is ok but when I want to use recordset tools for moving next, first or last record, I have problem. I dont know what is the reference that I should connect in new recordset to access my database so that I can move and edit records one by one in the table. or any other solution. Thanks in advance please.

Hi,

Try using the Execute with Result VI from the intermediate pallete. This will return a reference to a recordset based upon a query. See the image below for an incomplete example. Also you can open (Open Front Panel) of the Insert Express VI. If you search within this VI you will find examples of how to use the intermediate layer.

With kind regards,

Arnoud de Kuijper

T&M Solutions BV

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I have tried this technique. But when I try to run this, it gives following error message. "Cursor Locktype is invalid, Open the recordset with a valid Cursor locktype for this operation". Also recordset count returns -1. Please guide where I am wrong?