Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Cat

QUOTE (Cat @ Mar 17 2009, 11:55 AM)

I'll be hoisting a Guinness or 3 tonite. Or better yet, some Magner's. There's something to look forward to to get me thru the day!

Cat

Happy St. Patrick's day.

Funny thing, being Irish, is that neither myself or any of my friends or family bother wishing each other happy St. Patrick's day. Seems to have a life of its own.....

Either way, enjoy your beers (or Stout to be more accurate re: Guinness). I prefer Murphy's myself though.....

Shane.

QUOTE (shoneill @ Mar 17 2009, 07:07 AM)

Happy St. Patrick's day.

Funny thing, being Irish, is that neither myself or any of my friends or family bother wishing each other happy St. Patrick's day. Seems to have a life of its own.....

Either way, enjoy your beers (or Stout to be more accurate re: Guinness). I prefer Murphy's myself though.....

Shane.

We just like an excuse to have a party and drink to excess. Usually we have to do it with without an excuse.

It is interesting how it's ingrained at an early age. My daughter (13yrs) was getting all perturbed last night that she didn't have anything green to wear. We dug up an old green soccer shirt and everything was right again with the world. I remember going thru that exercise when I was a kid, too.

And I don't drink beer. It's much too wimpy. :-)

QUOTE (Cat @ Mar 17 2009, 12:36 PM)

We just like an excuse to have a party and drink to excess. Usually we have to do it with without an excuse.

It is interesting how it's ingrained at an early age. My daughter (13yrs) was getting all perturbed last night that she didn't have anything green to wear. We dug up an old green soccer shirt and everything was right again with the world. I remember going thru that exercise when I was a kid, too.

And I don't drink beer. It's much too wimpy. :-)

Yup, keeping things in the old Irish spirit.....

TBH, I think Patrick's day is celebrated much more abroad than in Ireland, even in years where the economy isn't self-destructing....

Shane.

PS Oops, I'm not wearing anything green.....