Help!

335x

Hi, hello. it's me again .. i have a lame question... again...

How do i get values from a "Signal Generator By duration"??,

is the out signal already an array with all this values???

Do I have to use another kind of Signal Generator..??

And just for the record, in which section I ask this questions?

Anyway, thanks…

:book:

QUOTE (335x @ Mar 29 2009, 01:37 PM)

1)What do you mean by "get values?" One way to get values is to right click on an output terminal and create an indicator, then run the VI. There are other ways, but this is common; the most common way is to simply route a wire. There is no need for an indicator for one to "get" and pass data. A wire conveys the information that is generated, that is what they are for. Is that not "getting?"

2)The outputs are whatever they were chosen to be by the author of the VI. The indicator you create (see above) will automatically be the correct form and dimension. Some VIs are "polymorphic" meaning the inputs and outputs can be different depending on how you use it.

All of this information is contained in the help docs of properly written VIs. You should turn on Context Help <ctrl-H> and when your cursor is over many items of the front Panel or Block Diagram the Help window will display pertinent information. You must learn to read this information and comprehend it.

3)You have given no reason why you want to use a signal generator so there is no way for anyone to gauge if you need another method. I suggest you search the help files and example code that ships with the software for useful signal generation information. Also there is a huge amount of information at ni.com in the Knowledge Base. You need to start using these sources of information or you will never make much headway learning LabVIEW. And, if you don't do and share your preliminary work, you will soon lose the good will of LAVA contributors.

Here is a nice general discussion of how to get help online.

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

4) This is a forum for discussions of Application Design and Architecture; a more advanced topic than most new users should be concerned with. You should start out in LabVIEW General, or if you see another forum that is particularly well suited use it. LabVIEW General has the most traffic.

• 1 year later...