Breakpoints and Call Sequence in New Thread

Throughout my tests I use Call Sequence steps with the "New Thread" option to run DAQ VIs asynchronously.

For instance: I call/start a multi-channel VI with a Call Sequence (option: run NEW THREAD) and then move on in TestStand to turn on/off power supplies or apply analog input (Maybe this isn't the best way?) Then I use a WAIT step (option wait for the THREAD I called) when I need to gather up results before moving on.

Anyway....

This usually works perfectly. EXCEPT, I have been noticing weird behavior when I used Break Points around this Call Sequence (with NEW THREAD). Any steps within this sequence with the embedded calling sequence will wait for this thread IF there is a breakpoint present in the sequence (regardless of where breakpoint its). I spent a TON of time trying to find out why I lost my ability to make this Call Sequence (with New Thread) act as a asynchronous call. When in actuality my debugging by using Breakpoints was causing this unusual behavior.

Anyone else notice this? Is there a better way to do this? Is there something I am not understanding?