Multicolumn Listbox header change by typing

Hi All,

Does anybody know is it possible to type in the Multicolumn Listbox header while the program is running? Enabling 'editable cells' doeas not work for headers. I have tried to programmatic change the property 'edit position' to (-1,x) but it still sets row 0 instead of -1 (headers).

Thanks,

Krystian

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Krystian,

I checked and I confirm this. I would consider this a bug since the "Edit Position Property" detailed help says this is settable when the VI is running, it's a read/write property & the description explicitly says to use -1 for row or column header.

Have you checked if this bug has been reported yet?

post-10515-1246941423_thumb.png

EDIT: I posted this on the dark-side

Hi Krystian,

I checked and I confirm this. I would consider this a bug since the "Edit Position Property" detailed help says this is settable when the VI is running, it's a read/write property & the description explicitly says to use -1 for row or column header.

Have you checked if this bug has been reported yet?

post-10515-1246941423_thumb.png

EDIT: I posted this on the dark-side

Hi Francois,

I found the way around. I use Table Control instead Listbox and I am able to get the functionality I want. Although it is a bit more complicated.

Thanks,

Krystian

Hi Francois,

I found the way around. I use Table Control instead Listbox and I am able to get the functionality I want. Although it is a bit more complicated.

Thanks,

Krystian

Yes, with Tables you can do it by selecting directly with the cursor, no need to do it with the Edit Position property programmatically...

Anyway, it showed that the MCL's behavior had a bug... you can never know when you'll have to add this functionality to an existing framework for which you can't easily replace the MCL with a table.

Glad you found what you needed.