CAR Numbers

mje

Easy question that I've not been able to figure out over the years. Say I have an NI CAR number for an issue, what do I do with it? Is there a database over at ni.com I can use to keep tabs on it? I mean other than crawling the forums for specific threads about the issue, if it can even be found (since "car" has an obvious other context, google isn't always friendly...).

Easy question that I've not been able to figure out over the years. Say I have an NI CAR number for an issue, what do I do with it?

I don't know if you've seen the new Idea about a LabVIEW Issue Tracker to facilitate this very issue; perhaps it's worth checking out.

The best way I know to check the status of a CAR is to email or call someone who can access NI's internal bug database (e.g., an NI employee). They will sometimes be able to help, especially if the information is not "classified". Word on the street is Alliance partners also have (partial?) access to this database.