Tree control cell focus...or something?

mje

Wondering if someone can clue me into what I'm looking at here:

post-11742-0-78708600-1295624779_thumb.p

I'm trying to enable key navigation when editing contents of my tree control (tab, up, down, etc). When I do so, I also move the value of the tree, the active item and what not, but there's this dashed box that remains anchored to the zeroth column of the last item that was selected with the mouse. What is this? Can I move it programmatically? Or even just plain get rid of it?

-m

For the life of me I can't manage to reproduce a situation anymore which the box sticks around again, but I can reproduce a side effect: after getting focus, navigation of the tree resumes from the last item to receive a mouse click, not a "valued" item or an active item. This is interfering with my key navigation.

MysteryFocus.vi

In the attached VI, once it it running:

1. Select a cell in the "1-X" row.
  2. Press the tab key multiple times until you navigate to one of the cells in the "3-X" row.
  3. Press enter to exit edit mode of the tree.
  4. Press tab such that the tree control regains focus. *
  5. Press up or down. Notice how the navigation goes to the "0-X" row (if you pressed up) or the "2-X" row (if you pressed down).

The navigation continues from the row which was originally clicked on with the mouse (the "1-X" row), regardless of which row is currently "valued" or active (the "3-X" row).

* Also: where does the focus go when one finishes editing the tree control (which forces step 4)?