Configuring TestStand Cfg directory

Roderic

Dear LAVA folks,

I'm trying to set TestStand Cfg directory from LabVIEW. See attached file. This works fine only if I restart TestStand. I understand I only need to shutdown the Engine. My question is how can I restart the Engine without restarting everything? (there is no such thing as Start Engine method) Could a GetEngine method work? What would be the best way to accomplish this task? I don't want my customer to restart the software.

Thanks in advance.

Rodéric

post-18392-0-10100800-1308756885_thumb.j

Hmmm - I've never come up against this before... I wonder if you call the IEngine.ShutDown method then the IEngine.GetEngine method? It seems a little unintuative, but the latter is a method and not a property, so it might start the engine if one doesn't already exist?

• 2 weeks later...

Problem solved by shuting down the engine, then restarting. Don't know if I did it the right way but it works!

it also seems like you have to close the Engine reference in every subVI , TestStand doesn't release the reference on his own every time (I got a popup error message)

BTW: starting the engine by calling the IEngine.GetEngine method doesn't work.

Edited by Roderic