About This File
This is a toolkit to convert a state diagram designed with the editor dia into a LabVIEW state machine.
Warning: This uses Scripting: So be aware of dragons, black holes, rusty nails and other monsters. I've only tested it in LV 7.1., got a crash every 2 hours... Bugs and workarounds in newer LV versions welcomed.
Crashes in 8.5. Found the CAR (# 4CJFKTCS)). Edit: Fixed in V 1.0.1
Create an uml Chart in Dia (it is OpenSource too).
Compile it into a LabVIEW state machine (this will generate an enum based state machine with .vi and States.ctl for the TypeDefed Enum).
Code the States.
* You will need to have several OpenG packages installed. Dependencies: appcontrol, file, variantconfig. In order to install these, you need to get the VI package manager from:
* For users of LV 7.x you need to get the TRefTraverse.llb from NI:
From 8.0 onward they are located under vi.lib\utility
Propably you need to fix the linking from the main vi
* You will need to download Dia:
* In the Folder LV Scripting you will find the template 'State Machine Prototype Template.vit'. You can modify this within limits to change the state machine that will be generated.
* There is a lot of Documentation with the Code: Check out the documentation folder with the 'Tree VIs' and the uml diagrams (they are surprisingly also made with dia)
* If you have questions, ideas or found a bug, please do not hesitate to contact me! You can do so via PM on LavaG or via my private email on the BD of the About.vi
* Fixed a bug in error handling (Error Handler Close.vi)
* Workaround for the 8.5 crash
* Support for changed Name of CaseSelect
* Started to add support for StarUML
Happy New Year
What's New in Version 1.0.1 See changelog
No changelog available for this version.