About This File
This is a package containing LabVIEW bindings to the client library of the PostgreSQL database server (libpq).
The DLL version 9.3.2 and its dependencies are included in the package. This DLLs are taken out of a binary distribution from the Postgres-Website and are thread-safe (e.g. the call to PQisthreadsafe() returns 1). As of the moment the DLLs are 32bit only.
The VIs are saved in LabVIEW 2009.
So this package works out of the box if you have a 32bit LabVIEW 2009 or higher on any supported Windows operating system.
Because this obviously is a derived work from PostgreSQL it is licensed by the PostgreSQL license.
A few words regarding the documentation: This package is meant for developers who know how to use the libpq. You have to read and understand the excellent documentation for the library. Nonetheless all VIs contain extracts of that documentation as their help text.
What's coming next?
- adding support for 64bit
- adding support for Linux (anybody out there to volunteer for testing?)
- adding support for MAC (anybody out there to volunteer for testing?)
What's New in Version 22.214.171.124 See changelog
- - PQputCopyEnd.vi runs normally even if an error is passed as the error in parameter.
- - Helper functions for PQgetvalue_* respect endianess.
- - Fixed documentation and icon for ReadFromPtr_ArrayU8.vi