Copyright © 2006, James Kring, Inc.
All rights reserved.
This code has been tested to run under LabVIEW 7.1.1. It will probably work on any newer versions but it has not been tested. Just unzip the code into any folder of your chosing and open the example called, JKI PBD Example.vi. This shows a typical use case where you want to pop-up a non-blocking dialog within a process loop and display a message and updated text from a parallel running task. In addition, you can pass a max value and updated progress value and the dialog will automatically present a percentage complete progress bar.
- Contains an abort button on the dialog that can assist in aborting a running process.
- You only need to pass the total number of tasks\items and the dialog automatically calculates percent complete.
- Can specify a limited preset amount of progress images via the "animation" selector
- Can update the status messages and progress in real-time after the dialog has been launched.
- Setting an animation value of 0 disables animation and displays only text.
- Handles being built into an application
- The dialog is not modal when run in the development environment however it becomes modal when built into an executable.
Initial release of the code.