Jump to content

twinsemi

Members
  • Content Count

    7
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Community Reputation

0

About twinsemi

  • Rank
    LAVA groupie
  1. The location as set in the properties of the installer do not stick. No change stays in the box when I reopen it or do a build. It comes up as "Setup" every time, and it doesn't recognize any of the LV distribution disks. It looks like I need to remove the current install of LabVIEW and reinstall it. I tried to do a repair on the VISA driver in "Add or Remove Programs", but it has the same problem, in that it wants a disk named "Setup". The LV disks won't repair it. It must be corrupted.
  2. The exe from the first builder step works on the development computer. The only additional installer is the NI-VISA Runtime 4.4 which has the distribution title "Setup", which is different from the other installers that are available. The others all say "National Instruments Device Drivers- November 2005, Disk 1" or "NI LabVIEW 8.0". Without the VISA installer added, it builds normally, although it obviously won't work on a target machine. Is the distribution title the key to the problem?
  3. I have been trying to create an installer for my latest version of one of our applications. (using LV 8.0 on Windows XP) The build of the exe from the vi works normally, but not the installer builder. When the builder asks for a disk in D:\ to locate the installer source for "Setup" distribution, it doesn't respond to any of my disks. I have copied all three of the disks to the HD to see if that helps, and it does not like any of them there either. Rebooting has not helped. The message details from the Build Errors box is below: LabVIEW cannot locate some components necessary to build the in
  4. As to my version, it is my profile that is old, since I haven't updated it lately. Version currently is 8.0. As to the restructuring and extensibility, the code that I have WAS scalable up to a little while ago. A change to it where I moved some items into a different frame of the sequence caused this problem. I had a difficult time catching it because LabVIEW created the appearance of a slider indicator (after duplicating the frame with the tab) when it didn't actually put into the diagram. I have now restored my code structure to have all of the pertinent sliders in the sequence where they
  5. I believe that I have found the problem. Insane in this case is caused by a creation of a property node (in the duplicated frame) without an associated indicator. The indicator is in a different frame of the sequence where its visibility is controlled. After making the new frame with the unasigned property node, if I right click and select Find Terminal, nothing happens, since it doesn't get created. It is confusing because the indicator appears on the front panel. But it only gets duplicated because it is withing a tab control that duplicates it there. If I had gone on to make all of the need
  6. Thanks for the comments, all. I was out of the office yesterday, so today am back at it. Here is a new bit of info. The crash upon saving was after the edit. It can not run this way either. When I run the vi after adding the seventh monitor frame to the sequence, the error message comes up as follows: Insane object at BDHP+534EDC in "OxiFTE 5003.vi"; {graphics } (0x80); Label (COSM) Upon closing the dialog box, I get a series of about 40 nearly identical ones, just slightly different addresses for the insane object. The vi continues to run after that. The seventh analyzer monit
  7. My vi needs two more inputs. I have it currently working with six Modbus connected oxygen analyzers (4 channels each) and when I do a Duplicate Case on the sixth analyzer monitor in my stacked sequence, I can't save the vi. The message is not very helpful. "LAbVIEW.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Below that it reads, "If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost." When this happenned the first time, I moved development over to an XP machine from my Vista OS computer. (which had 8 GB RAM) I did a
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.