Jump to content

Bhima

Members
  • Content Count

    5
  • Joined

  • Last visited

    Never

Community Reputation

0

About Bhima

  • Rank
    LAVA groupie
  1. Thanks Mike, this worked the way you said it would. This app was made in 7.1 and I'm new to Labview, so I haven't spent much time in Labview 8.5. Now I wish I had... I don't think 7.1 works this way. Now if I could only convince 8.5 to make a Windows excutable as easily as 7.1
  2. I’ve inherited a large cumbersome Labview application, with scores of SubVIs. The directory structure of this application is a disaster, with multiple, probably unused, copies of the SubVIs scattered around in various sub-directories. I would like to construct a list of the SubVIs which are really used and their full path. Then I would like to construct a new directory tree, move the actually used SubVIs into rational places, and finally change the path references that the main VI uses for those SubVIs. Also I am trying to move this application from 7.1 to 8.5 and I’m having trouble making
  3. Hi, I have an old labview disk from work for 7.1 for Mac OS and at home I'm running Mac OS 10.5.1 on a Dual G5. Everything went well during installation and the 7.1.1 update. So after installing everything I can open existing vi and the simple one I've tried works but Labview consistently crashes when I try to select "File - New", (not new vi). Does anyone have any suggestions?
  4. QUOTE(tcplomp @ Dec 28 2007, 12:53 PM) Unfortunately this is neither ‘simple’ nor ‘not broken’! I have a *stack* of Labview books and I’m really having troubles actually using what’s presented in the books. The existing code is such a disaster and I am so new at this that I’m completely lost. I don’t have the book you recommend though, so I’ll order it. Now as for your advice to use a state machine. Are you saying that I should wrap the bloomy interval timer vi a new sub vi using the standard state machine template? Then everywhere where there is interval time functionality that need
  5. Hi, I am very new to Labview and my first assignment is to maintain an existing Labview 7.1 application. This application is quite large, poorly built, and violates every single style rule presented in The Labview Style Guide. In any event I am trying to fix a bug regarding interval timing of calibrations and have concluded that there is no way to make the existing code work. I have found the Bloomy Controls and the interval vi has exactly the functionality I need. However I have a few questions. When I open the vi I get this error: "Interval uses data range coercion, which now only applie
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.