Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'labview 2013'.
Found 2 results
LV 2013 added a new function (or just exposed it) that gets the name of a class. I wanted to see if this would be faster than the old method I used before based on the path of the class. So I created a little experiment. It turns out the new functions is MUCH faster. I am concerned that what I am seeing is real, however, and not due to some compiler optimization with the way I created the experiment. So, please if you have a moment, take a look and tell me what you think. (I added code to strip the file extension because that is the use case in my application, but removing that makes little difference.) thanks, -John get class name speed test.vi ps. If you are wondering, I am using this in a logging operation of message system, so improving speed is important since every single message sent will cause this code to execute.