New TipJar Video: LabVIEW for C++ Programmers.

Hi Everyone,

I've posted a new TipJar video, discussing the key decision: "which programming language should I use next year".

http://www.lvmastery.com/TipJar2009-05-06

When I was in Atlanta, I talked to nearly every team, and I know many of you were considering switching either to LabVIEW from C++ or vice-versa.

This is a webcast from a seminar I did in Atlanta, in which I discuss the LabVIEW programming language from the point of view of C++ programmers.

Given that teams are now in the off-season, many teams will be training and practicing for 2010 soon. Deciding which programming language to use next year is a key decision, and in this video I talk about some of the things to consider.

I discuss:

* "Technology Religion", and how to teach students a 4-step process to evaluate platforms

* A very short live demo introducing LabVIEW and writing actual FRC code

* Continuity of tools: likely paths of programming language selection which take students through FIRST: FLL, FTC, FRC

* Key differences between C++ and LabVIEW, including: the environment; parallelism and multi-threading; debugging; machine vision

All the best,

Ben