User mods to existing app

:question:

Newby here, :blink: be gentile :!: I have an existing LV data logger app that came with a small gas engine dyno unit. It provides front panel gauges which display trends for RPM, Torque and HP. It also has 2 inputs with small slot windows for temp and 1 additional user analog(0-5V) input. I need a second torque channel incorporated to do output vs. input efficency analysis. I just got LV85 but only have seminar intro and an old user workbook(I put in request for and am hoping to get training in July). I don't know anything about rules and regs or proprieitory restrictions(if any) as to this issue either. I just need to have the extra channel displayed and functional. Any help would be very much appreciated! :) Thanks in advance to all respondents!

QUOTE (DDriver003 @ May 28 2009, 10:06 AM)

Newby here, :blink: be gentile :!:

Hi - and welcome to LAVA! It's a great community, and I'm sure you'll get a lot out of it (and hopefully we'll get a lot out of your contributions too :) )

Unfortunately, it totally depends on how the original app was written - there's many ways to write a LabVIEW app, and the original architect could have chosen any one of them. If you upload your code, we could take a look at it and advise you further.

:) Hi Crelf, Thanks for your response to my paltry delemma! I had some suspicions that the original coding methodology may have been a big player here(purely novice conjecture on my part though). I'm also trying to go to the author with a cattle prod(time constraints forgo the bucket n' stool route here), failing this tack however, will be the catalyst to send in(with high hopes of cracking) "The Code". Thanks again for your help here and stay tuned / stand-by for the next pertubation which won't require much of a justation period!

QUOTE (DDriver003 @ May 29 2009, 09:11 AM)

Thanks for your response to my paltry delemma! I had some suspicions that the original coding methodology may have been a big player here(purely novice conjecture on my part though).

No worries. I'm not saying that the original coding methodology is suspicious - it could be wonderful - but I don't know. Good luck, and let us know how it goes...