Can I know when the DO updating happens in Allow regeneration mode?

Bo Fu

Hi all,

I'm using lv 8.5 in winXP, and I'm doing a DAQ task. I created a synchronized AI/DO task, and wanted to have it run for a long time (for hours@1M Hz). I'll change the DO commonds based on some feedback, and acquire the corresponding AI signals. I have 2 options to do that with my NI m-series DAQ card. In "Do not allow regeneration mode", I know when the updating happens, and I can handle the CORRESPONDING AI, but I have to keep writing to the FIFO for hours, which may harm the hardware (in my thought); or I can use "Allow regeneration mode", because the updating does not have to be fast, as long as I know which is its corresponding AI (when DO updating happens). So is there any way to know the time of updating in allow regeneration mode? or is there any better idea to implement the updating? Thank you!

Best wishes,

Bo

• 3 months later...

I would like to see some code like that, if you don't mind. A screenshot or something would be most helpful!

Here you go! I'm looping the update because I don't want a big step change in amplitude (can cause my acoustic drivers to blow a fuse) so I ramp the change over a fixed number of steps. I'm using three PXI-6733 AO boards synchronously to output to 18 audio amplifiers that drive the speakers. By changing the offset location, you can insert the new data anywhere in the FIFO you want. Note that I'm not using the card FIFO for regeneration but rather the PC memory.

Screen.rtf