New to Labview

You can look through the examples that NI provide. This gives you a pretty good handle on what can be done in LabVIEW. As for books you might want to pick up LabVIEW For Everyone. This is a good book for learning LabVIEW. The other thing you can do is hang out here. This place is a wealth of information.

Definitely hang out on the forums and ask many many questions.

I would say that if you want to learn how to program LabVIEW, find something that you want to do that would be solved with a program and just program it up.

An interesting example is something as simple as a contact management program.

A more involved but useful program might be tracking expenses quicken like.

Or if you have a few dollars to spend, grab a USB Multi Function DAQ card along with a few relays, sensors and motors and automate something in your dorm room.

My personal favorite that never got implemented was just a basic door opener or re-inventing "The Clapper".

Actually I did do the code for the clapper to be honest, but never hooked up the relay to my parallel port.

And if you're too young to know what the clapper is, just youtube it.

• Like 1

Definitely hang out on the forums and ask many many questions.

An interesting example is something as simple as a contact management program.

A more involved but useful program might be tracking expenses quicken like.

Or if you have a few dollars to spend, grab a USB Multi Function DAQ card along with a few relays, sensors and motors and automate something in your dorm room.

My personal favorite that never got implemented was just a basic door opener or re-inventing "The Clapper".

Actually I did do the code for the clapper to be honest, but never hooked up the relay to my parallel port.

Lol Yea I know about Clapper. Also if you could help me decide from where should buy if I can get i used one or a refurbished one.

But yea these seem like somethings I can do.

Thank you