(Dis)counting posts

I'm spending more time than usual on LAVA this morning, because I'm extremely distracted waiting to hear how many zillions of dollars it's going to take to resurrect my car. I just noticed I've made 6 posts in the past 24 hours elevating me to the "Quantity is Better Than Quality Hall of Fame" (ie, Todays' Top Posters). I reviewed those posts. Two were followups to followups to a question I had asked. Two were pure fluff. One had some minor informational content. I don't call that a very good signal to noise ratio.

Is there some way to add some sort of self-rating box to each post? So I could tell the post number bean counter not to count a particular post? I would suggest just not counting posts to the LAVA Lounge, but I know posting there all the time is how crelf has gotten his count up, and since he's one of the admins, that will never happen... smile.gif

Cat

I would suggest just not counting posts to the LAVA Lounge, but I know posting there all the time is how crelf has gotten his count up, and since he's one of the admins, that will never happen... smile.gif

What is this?!? Beat up on crelf week?!? Not that I don't like it ;)

I replied with my thoughts to a similar question here. Please go over there and vote that reply up.

Would Guido come out and break my... code?

I'd like to point out that post count is just that, post count and nothing more. It indicates that you post a lot and you've been active. Nothing more. So you're asking to have a feature that will indicate to people that you are not posting much and that you're not active on the forums. Probably not going to happen.

(midi theme from The Godfather)

"You're right, Michael. Probably not going to happen. She's family. Everyone in the family takes their post count like everyone else. But Michael ... Michael ... talk to Cat before you talk to Guido. Make her an offer ..."

(midi fades ...)

(midi theme from The Godfather)

"You're right, Michael. Probably not going to happen. She's family. Everyone in the family takes their post count like everyone else. But Michael ... Michael ... talk to Cat before you talk to Guido. Make her an offer ..."

(midi fades ...)

Yeah, yeah, that's right, Mr. Aivaliotis, sir. Don't send Guido. Let's talk. I'm sure we can come to some sort of agreement. I'll do anything! I'll even shell out for a Premium Membership! Just don't send Guido!

(LOL! Thanks for brightening up my Monday!)