HP8714B RF Network Analyzer 0.3-3000MHz

Feri

Hi,

I am looking for a VI file for HP8714B RF Network Analyzer that has the following features:

GPIB Interface.

Simple MMI:

*- Control the device functions:

*- Sweeping frequency at constant power.

*- Sweeping power at constant frequency.

*- Record the results from screen for 2 channels (ASCII).

Thank you.

Feri

Hi,

I am looking for a VI file for HP8714B RF Network Analyzer that has the following features:

GPIB Interface.

Simple MMI:

*- Control the device functions:

*- Sweeping frequency at constant power.

*- Sweeping power at constant frequency.

*- Record the results from screen for 2 channels (ASCII).

Thank you.

Feri

Hi Feri

Just browsing the NI Instrument Drivers and I found a driver for your instrument

HP8714B

This would be the best starting point, usually the drivers have a few examples that you could use to guide your application.

Edited by SciWare

Hi,

Thank you.

I installed the driver, and there are some examples.

How can I find more examples.

Feri

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++===

Hi Feri

Just browsing the NI Instrument Drivers and I found a driver for your instrument

HP8714B

This would be the best starting point, usually the drivers have a few examples that you could use to guide your application.

Hi,

Thank you.

I installed the driver, and there are some examples.

How can I find more examples.

Feri

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++===

Hi Feri

I'm not sure where you would find more examples for this particular instrument. Were you able to run the examples and get results?

What type of examples are you after?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My purpose is to see on PC display the picture of Network display and save its data on PC for the 2 different channels and its basics configuration parameters.

I can assign the start and stop frequency, but not for power,

how can I assign the power.

Thank you.

Feri

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Feri

I'm not sure where you would find more examples for this particular instrument. Were you able to run the examples and get results?

What type of examples are you after?

Hi,

My purpose is to see on PC display the picture of Network display and save its data on PC for the 2 different channels and its basics configuration parameters.

I can assign the start and stop frequency, but not for power,

how can I assign the power.

Thank you.

Feri

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Feri,

I tried to attach some screen shots for you, but the site seems to hang when I do this. I have done what your wanting to do with a couple of old HP VNAs. The problems with mine are that there was no real good way to display the data direct. I ended up doing some graphic overlays with a transparent background and placed them over an X-Y graph. This way I could display polar, Smith, etc. on the same graph. This worked very well for a generic type program.

The one VNA I have has a built-in SOLT calibration, the other does not. So I just wrote this in Labview. In some cases I just wrote programs for a specific test. Easier than trying to make a generic program that would do everything.

Do you have the programming manuals? If so, this shouldn't be too hard to get working. More time consuming than anything. If you run into a specific question and have the manuals, maybe I can help.

• Like 1