Switch Sensor DAQ

I am trying to get labview to detect a toggle using a magnetic switch. I am hooking it up to an SCB-68 and want to use the +5v connector to feed a simple on/off into labview. What I'm having trouble with is figuring out how to connect it to the SCB. I've run one end to +5v and the other to 28-AI4, but this doesn't seem to work. (by reading voltage through the DAQ assistant)

I wonder if anyone has experience running simple switches through labview and could offer some tips.

Thanks,

Brad

I am trying to get labview to detect a toggle using a magnetic switch. I am hooking it up to an SCB-68 and want to use the +5v connector to feed a simple on/off into labview. What I'm having trouble with is figuring out how to connect it to the SCB. I've run one end to +5v and the other to 28-AI4, but this doesn't seem to work. (by reading voltage through the DAQ assistant)

I wonder if anyone has experience running simple switches through labview and could offer some tips.

Thanks,

Brad

Hi Brad

I think the problem is that you are assuming that the +5V is referenced to AI_Gnd, its not its referenced to D_Gnd, so just include D_Gnd in your circuit.

• Like 1

Hi Brad

I think the problem is that you are assuming that the +5V is referenced to AI_Gnd, its not its referenced to D_Gnd, so just include D_Gnd in your circuit.

I rewired the circuit adding in the D GND. The circuit goes like this: Two magnetic switches. One end of both switches attached to the +5V. The other ends are attached to AI 2 and AI 4 respectively. AI 10 and AI 12 are connected to D GND with a wire.

The result is that when the circuit on either switch is opened both AI 2 and AI 4 jump up to 5V. When the circuit is closed both drift around. They also always read the same values. There is no capacitance in the switch.

I'm assuming somewhere there's a ground loop problem but I can't find it.

I want my circuit to go to 5v when on and 0v when off.

Thanks,

Brad