Trouble creating 3D Graph XControl

Elset

Hey everyone. I made a post a few days ago on the NI Forums (here) because I am having some trouble creating my first XControl.

I decided to come here to see if any LAVA specific users have any insight

Here's my progress so far:

I've simplified the actual implementation to the XControl so you can test it if you please.

Show Plot is the VI you want to run. It will call Plot dynamically, which is where the XControl is. There are directions on Show Plot's front panel. I don't think I've left any subvi's out.

XControl Test.zip

I don't have any real answer for you, but if you add a wait of a couple of seconds between opening the FP and running the VI the error doesn't occur.

If you debug the actual error, you can see it's an error 97 in the first property node, which is a null refnum.

I'm guessing that you're correct and that there's a race condition somewhere. Basically, I guess the ActiveX object needs enough time to be initialized after being "dropped" before you try to access it. You might be able to add the wait to the XControl's Init command to encapsulate it.

• Like 1