Keyfocus Issues

I have created a vi that works properly in Labview 6.1 but not in Labview 7. The VI in question is pictured below. it waits for user to click on the Numeric control. When this event occurs, a keypad VI pops up and allows the user to enter a value. The User presses enter on this keypad VI and the value entered is inserted into the Numeric control on the main VI. After this occurs, I'd like to keep the keyfocus on the numeric control. I have been unable to do this in LV7 although i've been doing this for months in LV6.1

I've attached the code sample code that i've created and compiled in both LV6.1 and LV7. I believe the keypad vi was one found on the NI website. It is an event based keypad.vi so its rather new....

I'll forward you the sample code if you'd like....

post-16-1073112367.gif?width=400

I've attached to following files for testing:

in Labview 6.1:

I've created a snippet of code that shows what i'm looking to accomplish.

LV61_test.vi and LV61_keypad.vi

Then i re-compiled both the VI's (identical to above) and renamed them

LV70_test.vi and LV70_Keypad.vi

If you try both versions out in their respective labview versions, you'll find that the keyfocus feature seems to not function in 7. This is not to say that there might be something i'm missing but I'm assuming that code that works with 6.1 should work with 7.0. I've skimmed through the upgrade notes and haven't been able to find anything of relevance....

Regis

Download File:post-16-1073112391.zip