Editing posts doesn't correctly recreate escape characters

I haven't worked out all the repro cases, but when I responded on this thread I had to escape the backslash characters (two backslashes) for the path to show up correctly. (I may have used the Fast Reply... I don't remember.) Not a big deal, but when I edited the post the escaped backslashes were converted into regular backslashes (one backslash) in the edit dialog box. Unless I went through and re-added the second backslash the paths wouldn't be displayed correctly in the edited post.

I haven't worked out all the repro cases, but when I responded on this thread I had to escape the backslash characters (two backslashes) for the path to show up correctly. (I may have used the Fast Reply... I don't remember.) Not a big deal, but when I edited the post the escaped backslashes were converted into regular backslashes (one backslash) in the edit dialog box. Unless I went through and re-added the second backslash the paths wouldn't be displayed correctly in the edited post.

I would recommend in the future to use the "insert code snippet" button in the toolbar. That way everything is preserved as intended.