Help School project

Novice2006

hello All,

Novice back With Need help again. I am working on a project for school making a pad which will count how many times a person puts force on the person on whom the CPR is being performed. Basically Counting compressions per minute. So this is what I have so far, and I am sort of Stuck. If you guys could help me out.

Thank you

1) You should initialize your shift-register.

2) You should measure the time your DAQ Assistant takes to execute; your rate calculation will be incorrect if it takes more than 100mS.

3) Your DAQ Assistant is set to measure continuously; try setting it to Acquire N Samples.

4) You'll need to test the force to see if it's > 0 during each execution of the loop. If you have the force applied during multiple consecutive loops you'll have to assume that they're part of the same compression, so you need to find transitions from no force to force > 0. (Hint: I like the OpenG Boolean Trigger for this.)

5) This requires your loop to run fast enough to detect very short compression durations.

6) You should specify where you're stuck (so we don't have to guess).

Jim

Edited by jcarmody

1) You should initialize your shift-register.

2) You should measure the time your DAQ Assistant takes to execute; your rate calculation will be incorrect if it takes more than 100mS.

3) Your DAQ Assistant is set to measure continuously; try setting it to Acquire N Samples.

4) You'll need to test the force to see if it's > 0 during each execution of the loop. If you have the force applied during multiple consecutive loops you'll have to assume that they're part of the same compression, so you need to find transitions from no force to force > 0. (Hint: I like the OpenG Boolean Trigger for this.)

5) This requires your loop to run fast enough to detect very short compression durations.

6) You should specify where you're stuck (so we don't have to guess).

Jim

Well Stated. And also true about the problem part. My problem is when I am attach the DAq to an function generator. The function generator is set to give out a square wave at a certain frequency which should be the rate in this or aleast inverse. this does not happen What i get is a very oscillatory rate almost like a sine wave with and exponential beginning.

so I wanted you guys to look at it and see what is going on.