Graph Outline

NeilA

I am generating final results as a popup VI front panel which allows the user to select the output result to view as an example they can switch between phase vs frequency and Gain vs frequency. Every thing happens dynamically based on the data set selected so that once the selection has been made a button can be pressed to print the VI front panel.

To make the graph look best when printed out I prefer to have every thing white except the graph grid lines, outlines, scales, titles and the plot lines unfortunately because of the 3D effect of the graph there is no bottom and right hand graph outline which make the plot appear to not have printed correctly.

post-11721-125621459503_thumb.jpg

I have tried using a report VI and attaching the plot too but as far I can tell it takes an image of the front panel to achieve this so it has the same problem. I have not used the customise function much other than to define type def's so I dont know if it is possible to do this there.

Any advice or help would be great.

Many Thanks in advance,

Neil.

I am generating final results as a popup VI front panel which allows the user to select the output result to view as an example they can switch between phase vs frequency and Gain vs frequency. Every thing happens dynamically based on the data set selected so that once the selection has been made a button can be pressed to print the VI front panel.

To make the graph look best when printed out I prefer to have every thing white except the graph grid lines, outlines, scales, titles and the plot lines unfortunately because of the 3D effect of the graph there is no bottom and right hand graph outline which make the plot appear to not have printed correctly.

post-11721-125621459503_thumb.jpg

I have tried using a report VI and attaching the plot too but as far I can tell it takes an image of the front panel to achieve this so it has the same problem. I have not used the customise function much other than to define type def's so I dont know if it is possible to do this there.

Any advice or help would be great.

Many Thanks in advance,

Neil.

That is what you have to do. Just replace the frame with your own image that has a full frame.

Ben

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

As I said I dont have any experience with the editor but after trying I guess I can go to the custumise screen coppy the grap open it in paint edit it and then copy it back? Sound simple so I tried it and if I copy it and try to edit it it copies the whole control not just the graph bit so when copy back do it crop just the part I am interested in or what?

going to give it a go now and see what happens but any other word of advice would be great.

Neil.