Programmatic access to a controls right click menu

viSci

Is there any way to automated the process of installing right click user menu items into a set of controls and indicators?

I thought it could be done with VI Scripting but have not found anything yet. Anybody have a suggestion?

Ok, just figured out that you can use the event structure to catch a right click activation event which contains a menu reference property.

From there you can install your custom menu items and then catch them right away in other event cases if clicked on.

Is there any way to automated the process of installing right click user menu items into a set of controls and indicators?

I thought it could be done with VI Scripting but have not found anything yet. Anybody have a suggestion?

Ok, just figured out that you can use the event structure to catch a right click activation event which contains a menu reference property.

From there you can install your custom menu items and then catch them right away in other event cases if clicked on.

Were you thinking something like this? {is a VI snippet for dropping into an 09 BD}

http://screencast.com/t/k0kAwTitY

post-208-125713692447_thumb.png

delme.vi

This code is intended to be run as an asynchronously running VI (IOW outside of any loop)

All this does is adds the control name to the right click menu, but really since now you can capture the menu activation and add to the list, the world is your oyster.

I'm really thinking some LVOOP could work wonders here.

(side note: as with any asynchronously running VI, the termination process is always a gotcha, but I'm sure you'll figure out an elegant way around that)

• Like 1