How to call .m file in labview mathscript window

Lodestar

Hi, everybody. I wanna call a .m-file in labview mathscript window. the m-file likes this:

%m-file

function result=add(a,b)

result=a+b;

%end

when I input "add(1,3)" in command window, but the command window shows "Unknown symbol on line 1: add".

How to call a m file which includes the function made by myself?

ps: don't use mathscript node, and don't copy the content of the function and paste it into command window.

thanks for your help

Hi, everybody. I wanna call a .m-file in labview mathscript window. the m-file likes this:

How to call a m file which includes the function made by myself?

ps: don't use mathscript node, and don't copy the content of the function and paste it into command window.

thanks for your help

Thanks for your attention, I have solved it.

Hi Confidence,

could you add your solution? It looks like you were able to solve it quite easy, so sharing that could help many.

Ton

PS There are no stupid mistakes.

Hi Confidence,

could you add your solution? It looks like you were able to solve it quite easy, so sharing that could help many.

Ton

PS There are no stupid mistakes.

Hi Ton,

To directly use a user-defined function in the command window of LabVIEW mathscript, for example Add(x,y), someone should make sure he has configured the path of the default folder in which there is your function, namely the .m file with the same name .

The reason I can't use my .m file is that after setting the path of .m file searching folder I don't restart Labview. This is because the setting become effect, we have to restart LabVIEW.

My solution. Thanks

confidence

Edited by confidence