LabVIEW variables

c_w_k

Hello,

I'm wondering how I should go about creating variables in LabVIEW, I'm trying to do the following C++ code in LabVIEW. Its a very simple to do in C++ and I'm sure it is in LabVIEW, but I'm new to LabVIEW and haven't came across this situation yet.

myStruct status;

old_s0;

old_s1;

old_s0 = -1;

old_s1 = -1;

if( status.s0 != old_s0 || status.s1 != old_s1 )

{

old_s0 = status.s0; <-----------this is the part that i'm confused on, how can i make a variable that i can change the value of

old_s1 = status.s1; <-----------old_s0 and old_s1.

}

thanks for any and all ideas

-CK

Hello,

I'm wondering how I should go about creating variables in LabVIEW, I'm trying to do the following C++ code in LabVIEW. Its a very simple to do in C++ and I'm sure it is in LabVIEW, but I'm new to LabVIEW and haven't came across this situation yet.

There are no variables in LabVIEW, just values on wires. Given the very limited amount of C++ code you posted there's no way to say what a good direct equivalent would be in LabVIEW; you need to provide more context. What are you actually trying to do? Post the LabVIEW code you already have and explain what it is you need it to accomplish.

Ned,

I have no LabVIEW code yet for this.

I have a C++ struct, from that I get the s0 and s1 variables, I want to compare these variables with the old_s0 and old_s1 variables. I have set the variables of "old_s0" and "old_s1" to a value of "-1" because the first value from the s0 and s1 variables will be "0".

So for example, if s0 has a value of "0" and s0_old has a current value of "-1"......since these do not match, I want to set the value of s0_old to the value of s0, and the same for s1 and s1_old. The status struct is in a loop so the s0 and s1 variables will always keep adding by 1 but they start at zero....

CK,

This is an approximation to what you described. The "variables" are the wires and the Shift Registers carry them from one loop iteration to the next. See how I've created your struct as a clusters; I took the liberty to do the same with old_s0 and old_s1 just to make it easier to propagate them to the next iteration.

The other case in the Case Structure has the old wired straight through, and I've got a True constant wired to the loop condition just for this example.

post-7534-125805135531_thumb.png