how to count an event

getpiyush19

I have some bits of string ,it has a substring occurring many time in that string .I want to store that substring into an array and want to count its number of occurrences in that string.

I am using Match pattern function palette and while loop ,for loop still not able to implement the same

Please help me out.

post-7534-125871832611_thumb.png

You were correct to use a loop, but a For Loop isn't correct unless you know exactly how many times the substring exists in the main string.  I used a While Loop with the 'offset past match' to detect when to stop (it'll be -1 if the search string isn't found).  I'm not sure what you mean about storing "that substring into an array", but you can wire the 'match substring' of the Search function to an indexing tunnel and you'll get an array of the substring with as many elements as there are occurrences.

post-7534-125871832611_thumb.png

You were correct to use a loop, but a For Loop isn't correct unless you know exactly how many times the substring exists in the main string. I used a While Loop with the 'offset past match' to detect when to stop (it'll be -1 if the search string isn't found). I'm not sure what you mean about storing "that substring into an array", but you can wire the 'match substring' of the Search function to an indexing tunnel and you'll get an array of the substring with as many elements as there are occurrences.

thanks sir

it is working.