SMC EMY2 Stepper Motor Control

Hi,

I am trying to set up a stepper motor to run with labview 8.2. I am pretty sure that the code I have written should work so I am trying to figure out if I have wired everything correctly, I hope this is the right place for this. I have added the description and manual for the SMC EMY2 stepper motor (page 22 is where I am looking mainly for the wiring, I am using the 5-point Stoppable Type) and manuals for the two NI DAQs I am using, NI9474 for the control singals to the motor and NI9423 for receiving signals from the motor. I am using an external power supply with these that is set to 24V. I have the NI 9474 in slot 5 of the cDAQ-9172 and the NI 9423 in slot 6. I have attached to the power supply cable wires wires as described in the EMY2 manual to the power supply and the motor runs fine when using the attached controller, then I have attached the I/O wires as follows:

Brown - Vsup of the NI 9474

Blue - Com of the NI 9474

Pink - line 0 of the NI 9423

Orange - line 1 of the NI 9423

Yellow - line 2 of the NI 9423

Red - line 3 of the NI 9423

Green - line 4 of the NI 9423

Purple - line 3 of the NI 9474

Gray - line 7 of the NI 9474

Black - not attached

White - line 2 of the NI 9474

I can get the NI 9474 to output a signal but the stepper motor does not seem to react at all. I had a colleague recommend that I connect the - terminal of the power supply to the ground terminal, is that a good idea. If anyone can think of something to help that would be great and if you need more information just ask and I'll try to get it.

Thanks.

Stepper Motor Manual.pdf

NI 9423 Operating Instructions.pdf

NI 9474 Operating Instructions.pdf